Monday 28 May 2012

~ HFW day 1 ~


Hijab Fashion Week is FINALLY here. Used to see people take part in it but had no idea what it was about. Well this year, I am participating in it and I am SUPER excited to say the least. I will be posting my daily outfits on here so keep checking back.

Day 1. Leaders in Hijab: What leadership roles do you have and how do you dress for them as a hijabi?
When I saw this theme, the first person that came to my mind was my mum. She is a politician, a mother, a friend. I dont think you can get more of a leader than that and she does it the best way I can ever imagine it being done.
I have learnt from her that the way you dress, walk and talk can make or break you. So she always dresses in a way that exudes confidence. Having said all of that, today my outfit is inspired by her. She loves print, flowy skirts and blazers so I got all that and added a touch of me.







12 comments:

  1. Welcome to HFW Mimz! Lovely outfit! Ur shoes are gorgeous masyallah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I love the neon colours of your outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when people pair their brights with more sedated colors like soft browns and tan hues :)

    Thanks for joining us this season for Hijabi Fashion Week!

    I can already feel the inspiration flowing through the screen ;D

    ♥ Wafa of LoveHFW.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HFW was fab! can not wait to do it all again In Sha Allah!

      Delete
  4. i love to see how you play with colours with your outfit <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. salam. fun and inspiring combo of colors, sister.. my first time joining as well.. Have a Blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looove it! I myself has no bravery to combine green and blue. But when I saw you, I think I should try it!

    Love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love trying random colours, you never know what works till you do.. Put up a post when you do :)

      Delete
  7. Thought I wrote this already....Definitely found my Style Crush. And I LOVE your shoe collection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg the shoes...blue suede shoes just hit my heart, I don't know why but they do! (lol). Your outfit and smile makes me smile mA, the brightness is just unexpected but you make it work sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling and personally shoes, all shoes just hit my heart lol. Now your comment is making me smile x

      Delete